Monday 18 June 2007

Larry Fishburne Surfs

I went to watch Fantastic Four yesterday, and it was really good. Far better than the first installment of the Fantastic Four franchise. Lawrence Fishburne is the Silver Surfer's voice (one cool dude's voice, voicing one cool character)

Firstly though I saved myself £1.75 by ordering a student ticket online, then when you put your card in the machine it prints out your "cheaper" ticket....then when you walk past the gormless minion who rips your ticket, they don't even ask for any id / student card! PERFICK!
Is going to the cinema alone weird & wrong? If not why does it feel a bit like that.

One thing that really P!SSED me off, maybe you should know that some of the smallest things really annoy me sometimes e.g.
The little flag that comes up on BBC when someone is offside in a football game??? the game stops for the free kick to be taken so we KNOW its offside! we don't need a poxy flag in the bottom left hand corner every time ! It doesn't come up when the linesman gets it wrong either so what is the point?!?!

The thing that agitated me this time was, when I walked towards screen 7's door (fully laden with big gulp & nachos)....the door had a handle on it, so I had to pull it! Surely the doors should be a "push" door not a "pull". Bad design in my eyes and if I had of dropped my nachos cause of this, they would of known about it I can tell you!
I was thinking of hiding in the toilets for 45mins then I could of gone and watched Pirates 3 also, however I wasn't sure that 7 hours spent in the cinema would be a great way to spend a Sunday.
Hreda were "headlining" Charlbury Festival so off I went there instead of hanging round a cinema, calling in at the pub first. Where I found a couple of travel buddies. Namely Michael (who was basking in the glory of ARF being so awesome the night before) & Becky (who was trying to fit through a A4 sized window panel at the time).

We got to Charlbury in double quick time & enjoyed the humid atmosphere in anticipation of Hreda's "new song" & "secret 4th Hredan" (Tom the Chello-man). Hreda were at their usual best! with a slight faux pas on the new song, after 10 seconds of the intro they halted proceedings and started again. The addition of the Cello was very pleasant on the lug-holes and there was lots of whooping from the Charlbury crowd who hand only hand clapped the previous couple of acts. This may have been down to the Swazye-esq Jamie, sending female hearts a flutter but I think we are all agreed it was all down to the Hreda sound!

This was only meant to be a quick blog about my annoyance of the cinema door's. But thought I would play that off against the nice bits of Sunday too.

No comments: