Tuesday 31 March 2009

tenth person to move in

Sup fools.

Since Christmas iv settled into the new place and had 10 different people live with me, now is this because im a meticulous clean freak who has to wipe down work surfaces at the sight of some toast crumbs (completely different to bread crumbs, much more annoying & I have a feeling bugs prefer toast crumbs so they have to be cleaned up immediately) or is it cause everyone is traveling?

Ben moved to Perth with work, Lee & Tom were staying for 3 weeks and went over to Perth subsequently Tom's now in Melbourne and Lee who spent his time in Australia on Facetube & constantly calling England, surprised none of us by going back to the UK.

David moved in when these 3 left and is proving to the longest serving person in the new flat, maybe we should call him "red" from Shawshank as everyone else has done a "Defrain" and ran for the hills. His boat may have broken down 5 weeks ago now, but we had 2 trips on it and that is why he got the room in the first place! Has turned out to be a top fella as well which is awesome.

Jess then moved in (Ben's soon to be girlfriend and my surrogate little sister) so she stayed for about 2 months and has followed suit and headed West. The machine gun laugh has gone now, which is a shame. Also missing having a good old whinge with her, it was always good to come home and blow off some steam about work and have her there to listen to my ramblings, she turned out to be the Jack Lemon to my Walter Mathieu (i have grumpy old men set on the Foxtel for Sunday) on top of being my "little sis" you couldn't ask for a better housemate.

Minna, Malin, Matilda & Ebba came back down from the East Coast after Hurricane Hamish put an end to their Whitsundays trip, so they all stayed with me, Jess & David for a week. Cooking us Swedish meatballs and mash one night as a thank you which the next day gave me burps that would make stig of the dump smell like rose petals fermented in channel number 5. I did come back from football on the Sunday to find 5 Swedish girls waiting in my bedroom for me "which is always nice" I was meant to be bringing along George (Nina's boyfriend) as he didn't know they were back early, but he twisted his ankle in the game so had gone home.

During the week they stayed I was working yet another 70 hour week, with the printer constantly playing up and deadlines getting closer and closer (all this for no time in lieu or overtime, DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THAT ONE).

So during this sh!t time at work and then coming home to a busy house with 6 other people who were always up for a laugh, stopped me from sprouting my first grey hairs I would say.

Now Alexandra has moved in, the first thing she said was....did Jess used to live here. As it turns out she works in the Shark Bar where Jess had worked and we know quite a few of the same people, which makes things a bit easier I think. So after ringing her boss and finding out what she is really like. She moved in yesterday.

So in all everyone I have lived with has been a breeze to live with, and you get some people saying it’s hard to find good flatmates.......WAIT A MINUTE...iv had 10 different people live with me, I’m clearly the person who's hard to live with.
Yeah right, I’m clearly the best housemate in the world and its just a case of everyone wants to live with me.

No comments: